Kosice International School (KEIS) is the first international school in Eastern Slovakia. This region is rich in culture, history and has vast opportunities for outdoor activities both in summer and winter. Kosice is modern city with highly developed infrastructure and in last years is home of dozens multinational IT companies which together with its past form unique city environment. KEIS is a candidate International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) World School. Our school serves children from 5 to 12 in the PYP. Due to the positive growth of the school community, we now require a PYP Coordinator for Semester 2 (2020/2021) and/or the next school year (2021/2022) to join the team!
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced IB educator to help pioneer a candidate IB PYP World School that will drive the future progress of the Kosice region.
Description of Position:
We are looking to employ a positive, passionate and motivated PYP Coordinator to join our school. The role of the PYP Coordinator will be to overlook the implementation of the PYP, actively help teachers to collaboratively develop inquiry curriculum and facilitate a high-quality, 21st-century learning environment that can provoke agency.
The successful candidate will:
· Be preferably an EU or UK citizen
· Be of native-level English language abilities.
· Demonstrate strong collaborative and interpersonal skills.
· Have relevant teaching qualifications and proven teaching experience in an IB PYP setting
· Have experience with IB programme in a coordinator position
· Have experience preferably with Math/Science and/or STEM teaching
· Knowledge of educational theories and pedagogy.
· Model an inquiry approach to teaching and learning.
· Have deeper knowledge and/or experience of, and a commitment to, the educational philosophy of the IB and the IB Learner Profile.
· Experience implementing technology into inquiry-based learning.
· Enjoy teaching and working in an internationally-minded environment.
· Provides pedagogical leadership and support based on PYP standards and practices
· Contributes to the development, orientation and support for new and returning teachers
Curriculum, Planning and Preparation
· Develops and supervises implementation of the IB PYP curriculum
· Ensures effective documentation of the curriculum
· Publishes the POI
· Leads the development and annual vertical and horizontal review of the POI
· Is familiar with and promotes understanding of all PYP documents to stakeholders
· Prioritises the IB standards and practices throughout the school
· Participates in vertical articulation of the curriculum
Instruction and Assessment
· Establishes a schedule of regular meetings with teachers including specialist teachers to discuss PYP practices and implementation of the programme
· Supports teachers to ensure effective delivery of the curriculum in the classrooms
· Supervises the development and implementation of assessment practices
· Monitors assessment practices and procedures to ensure a balanced approach
· Provides staff with ongoing feedback regarding teaching and learning
· Facilitates the preparation and submission of all IB correspondence and documents with the IBO
· Conducts onsite professional development to support stakeholders deeper understanding of the programme
· Responsible for all communication with the IBO
Please fill in the TES on-line application or send us a cover letter, CV and two references to email@example.com as soon as possible.
Kosice International School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 11 years