Ajman Academy is a forward thinking and progressive school that places students at the centre of its decision making processes. We are seeking an enthusiastic, talented and experienced PYP coordinator to join our professional and talented team.
The role of the PYP Coordinator, as a member of the Pedagogical Leadership Team, is to lead the primary academic team towards a deeper understanding of the Primary Years Programme. The Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the vertical and horizontal linkages and Assessment practices throughout Programme of Inquiry and promote the development of best practice and implementation; ensuring the staff are working towards the common goals in pursuit of the school’s Mission, Vision and Values
The school is accredited to offer the IB Primary Years Programme and is a candidate school for Middle Years Programme in Grades 6 to 8. We then offer IGCSE and AS/A levels for students from Grades 9 to 12. Our focus is to create an inspirational and supportive environment for our teachers & students.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Holds a bachelor degree in Education.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a PYP coordinator.
- Proven track-record of appropriate professional development
- Proven track record of teaching, with the ability to model the highest standards of teaching and learning to colleagues
- Native English speaker level of fluency in speaking and writing.
- Being an Arabic bilingual is an advantage.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Good ICT skills.
- Understands the importance of confidentiality.
- A strong team player, innovative and creative.
- Strong cultural awareness.
We offer a competitive package including:
- Furnished accommodation in a lovely community.
- Medical insurance.
- 100% discount on tuition fees for two children at Ajman Academy.
- End of service gratuity.
Benefits are covering the staff member, spouse & up to two children.
Interested candidates shall upload their CV with a copy of their qualifications and any available reference / employment letter from previous employers.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 3 years teaching experience.
- Any degree.
- Bachelors with Teaching Qualification or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States.
- References, Criminal background check, Medical check
- Over 28 and below 60 years of age
UAE - Ajman
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 16 years