About the school:
The International School of Bergamo is a friendly and innovative IB World School offering the Primary and Middle Years Programme, and pursuing authorisation for the IB Diploma Programme. The school is growing rapidly opening new classes year after year and high importance is placed on the digital learning environment throughout the entire educational programme.
Our mission is based on the values of the learner profile and we aim to offer a challenging and stimulating curriculum based on high achievement and inquiry based learning and designed to generate an enthusiasm for learning and value it as a life-long process.
The school is one of several very successful Italian schools belonging to ISE (International School of Europe) which in turn is part of Inspired (www.inspirededu.co.uk), a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development.
Based in the city of Bergamo, our unique and stimulating campus, boasts an innovative and functional design, and is an ideal learning environment for students aged 2 and beyond.
More information about the school can be found on our website: https://www.isbergamo.com
International School of Bergamo is looking to appoint an Elementary class teacher, who will be able to adapt quickly to a new and exciting learning environment.
We are seeking an enthusiastic professional, preferably with experience of the International Baccalaureate, willing to use flexible strategies in a class with students from different language backgrounds.
The successful candidate will be:
- passionate about learning and able to engage students at all levels
- committed to maintaining high standards in all aspects of the work of the school
- interested in using a constructivist approach to learning, and enthusiastic about promoting international understanding.
- nurturing and inspiring in developing the whole child
- a good team player who enjoys working with others
- Qualified Teacher Status
- English Mother Tongue
- Hold EU passport of have already obtained the right to be employed in Italy.
- IB PYP experience/training is helpful but not required
- Knowledge and skills in ICT literacy
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should complete the standard TES application form via the TES “apply now/quick apply” link. When completing this application form, it is particularly important that candidates include the following:
• Supporting Statement (within the box provided) which clearly outlines why you are interested in the role and in the school;
• CV with photo (as an attached supporting document);
• Contact details of three referees (within the box provided), one of which must be supervisor from current/most recent appointment.
The person appointed will be expected to begin work in January 2020 before which date a criminal records check will need to be completed as part of our safer recruitment and child safeguarding policies.
As interviews will be held on a rolling basis, we encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.
International School of Bergamo
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 12 years