Aalesund International School (AaIS) is a young and growing school located in the scenic town of Aalesund on the Norwegian west coast. Established in 2012, the school has around 100 students.
AaIS is looking to employ a positive, energetic and experienced coordinator/coordinators to join our dynamic team and support us in our preparations for an IB (International Baccalaureate) PYP (Primary Years Programme) Evaluation Visit/MYP (Middle Years Programme) Authorization.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational, highly motivated and experienced PYP/MYP Coordinator to join our school. Ideally, we are looking to hire a full-time coordinator that has experience across both programs (half PYP/half MYP). However, all experienced IB coordinators should apply. Depending on applicant’s background, a half time coordinating/half time teaching role is also a viable option.
PYP/MYP Coordinator Qualifications and Qualities Required
- Extensive experience with the International Baccalaureate program and commitment to its educational philosophies
- Proven skills in achieving international accreditation, IB authorization, and building established relationships and networks within the international education community
- Have the relevant teaching qualifications and experience, Master’s Degree or equivalent international qualification (preferred)
- Ability to meet high expectations of the school community (students, colleagues, parents, etc.)
- Exceptional interpersonal ability and the capacity to build and maintain close relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Integrity and a strong work ethic
- A high level of cultural awareness and international-mindedness
- Reports to General Manager (GM) and Principal
Staff salaries are equivalent to Norwegian National Teacher salaries. We offer excellent professional development opportunities, small class sizes and have a philosophy of individualized instruction. Aalesund International School is an International Baccalaureate World School.
To apply please submit the following documents to the school:
- a cover letter
- a full CV/résumé with photograph and three referees
Please email these documents to the school management at firstname.lastname@example.org
+47 908 69 948