The main role of the Primary Teacher is to maximise pupils' learning and development through the planning, preparation and teaching of the curriculum to meet pupils’ individual learning needs and achieve specific pupils' outcomes. Teachers teach a range of pupils' abilities and classes and are accountable for the effective delivery of their curriculum. The teacher engages in critical reflection in order to improve their knowledge and skills to better engage students and improve their learning.
The teacher assumes roles beyond the classroom in endeavouring to maximise pupils’ learning. These roles include working collaboratively with colleagues and other members of the school community, and communicating with parents and care-givers.
The teacher’s contribution to the school goes beyond the classroom. S/He participates in the development of the school policies and programmes and assist in the implementation of school priorities. All classroom teachers may be required to undertake other duties in addition to their teaching duties.
- Ensuring the creativity and high quality of teaching and learning of the class, assisted by a teaching assistant.
- Organising the work of the teaching assistant.
- Sharing responsibilities for curriculum development, display, performances, trips and organising some aspects of special events.
- Fostering a caring atmosphere and showing commitment to the well-being and social and academic progress of each pupil.
- Acting in accordance with relevant legislation in the PRC and Guangzhou, as well as UK guidelines, particularly with regards to educational provision, health and safety initiatives and safeguarding and ensure that all students and staff maintain these standards.
- University degree and a recognized qualification (such as PGCE) in Primary Education
- High command of English level
- Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience in Primary Years education, ideally with experience in an international educational setting
- Experience in teaching second language learners
- Strong knowledge and/or experience and/or enthusiasm to teach in the IB PYP curriculum framework
- Curriculum development knowledge
- Be inter-culturally aware with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Be committed to ensuring high standards of teaching and learning
- Be collaborative and able to work as part of a team
ISA International School of Guangzhou
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 14 years
ISA Tianhe International School (formally was established to offer students in Guangzhou an outstanding academic and holistic education. The School follows the framework of the IB PYP curriculum. ISA is an authorized PYP school.