Sheridan School, Thetford Road, Northwold, Thetford, IP26 5LQ
Hours: Full time Monday - Friday term time only
We want you to get off to the best start with us so we are giving you £250 when you first start with us and then when you are settled in in 6 months’ time we will give you an extra £250 for your hard work!
We currently have a vacancy within our teaching team for a Qualified English Teacher. This post will suit a professional individual who is prepared to work flexibly in a vibrant, caring and supportive educational environment. The successful candidate will hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and will develop, plan and deliver the required level and standard of education to our students through creative application of professional knowledge and teaching techniques.
The post holder will be involved with the following:-
- Teaching a class of pupils ensuring that planning, preparation, recording, assessment and reporting meet their varying learning and social needs.
- Maintaining the positive ethos and core values of the school, both inside and outside the classroom.
- Distributing timely and accurate reports to all stakeholders including SLT, Governors and parent/carers
- Ability to write a scheme of work and lead across the key stages.
- Priory Perks reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Pension scheme
- We cover the cost of your enhanced disclosure check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Employee recognition scheme.
Priory Education and Children's Services is a leading company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK. With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes we focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
Sheridan School offers an integrated programme of education and therapy for young people with social, emotional and mental health difficulties, compounded by complex disorders including Autism. Age range for students is from year 4 to year 11 and the school is comprised of Primary, Secondary and ASD provisions.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.
- Special needs with independent funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 10 - 16 years
Sheridan School is a specialist residential school for boys and girls aged 10 to 16 who have social, emotional and behavioural difficulties with learning difficulties including autistic spectrum disorders. Many of our young people have experienced co...