TalentEd is a charity that specialises in delivering high quality tuition to disadvantaged young people. We believe that every young person deserves the support they need to flourish, regardless of background. We only use qualified, experienced teachers, because we believe they deliver the best learning for our pupils. We are an approved provider for the government’s flagship National Tutoring Programme.
We are looking for passionate and qualified teachers, with a love for their subject, who can make a real difference to the pupils they work with. We deliver a structured programme of weekly tuition to small groups (3-4 pupils) in English, Maths and Science.
We partner with schools to identify those students who will benefit most from our tuition – those who are keen, engaged, but in need of a little extra support to realise their full potential. We allocate a tutor to each group, who then work together over a course of 12-15 weeks.
What we look for in a tutor:
• Passion for supporting disadvantaged young people to realise their full potential
• Inspirational and engaging teaching style
• Qualified teacher with extensive teaching experience (in schools or other settings)
• Experience teaching your subject up to the relevant age group
• Ability to adapt to different learning styles
• Ability to commit to hour-long after school sessions at the same time each week for the programme duration (either 12 or 15 weeks)
As a tutor, we expect you to:
• Stimulate, inspire and challenge your group of pupils every session
• Deliver weekly hour-long sessions for either 12 or 15 weeks, on the school premises (typically held after school/early evening)
• Use your own subject specific resources, and/or incorporate resources from the school
• Engage with school teachers to align focus of tuition with classroom work
• Provide feedback on the progress of students
• Complete our onboarding process, and take part in observations and peer feedback
• Adhere to TalentEd’s Safeguarding and other policies