Qualified tutor to work with high-potential disadvantaged pupils
- Expiring soon
- £30 per hour
- Job type:
- Part Time, Temporary
- Apply by:
- 14 August 2022
TalentEd is a charity that specialises in delivering high quality tuition to disadvantaged young people. We believe that every young person deserves the support they need to flourish, regardless of background. We only use qualified, experienced teachers, because we believe they deliver the best learning for our pupils. We are an approved provider for the government’s flagship National Tutoring Programme.
We are looking for passionate and qualified teachers, with a love for their subject, who can make a real difference to the pupils they work with. We deliver a structured programme of weekly tuition to small groups (3-4 pupils) in English, Maths and Science.
We partner with schools to identify those students who will benefit most from our tuition – those who are keen, engaged, but in need of a little extra support to realise their full potential. We allocate a tutor to each group, who then work together over a course of 12-15 weeks.
The schools we work with request tuition that is aligned with the national curriculum. Therefore, tutors will need to have a current understanding of the national curriculum and must be prepared to deliver sessions aligned with this.
What we look for in a tutor:
• Passion for supporting disadvantaged young people to realise their full potential
• Inspirational and engaging teaching style
• Qualified teacher with extensive teaching experience (in schools or other settings)
• Experience teaching your subject up to the relevant age group
• Ability to adapt to different learning styles
• Ability to commit to hour-long after school sessions at the same time each week for the programme duration (either 12 or 15 weeks)
As a tutor, we expect you to:
• Stimulate, inspire and challenge your group of pupils every session
• Deliver weekly hour-long sessions for either 12 or 15 weeks, online
• Use your own subject specific resources, and/or incorporate resources from the school
• Engage with school teachers to align focus of tuition with classroom work
• Provide feedback on the progress of students
• Complete our onboarding process, and take part in observations and peer feedback
• Adhere to TalentEd’s Safeguarding and other policies
About Talent-Ed Education
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.