37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Four Dwellings Academy is part of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) a network of over 60 secondary, primary and special academies.
Our students are diverse, exciting and talented – and the same is true of our staff. We put huge emphasis on professional development, most of it in-house, and are proud of the high number of good and outstanding teachers who work in our school. We are also noted for our ‘can do’ attitude. We are keen, always, to encourage new and/or young staff to make their mark as soon as they are ready.
We are proud to serve the communities around Quinton in Birmingham and we are within easy commute from Birmingham city centre. Ofsted judged us as a ‘good academy’ in May 2017 Stating ‘This school is a highly inclusive and united community where all are welcome. Leaders at all levels, teachers and support staff have high aspirations for pupils.’
We are looking to appoint a Raising Attainment Assistant to join our Inclusion / Raising Achievement team and support and ensure that pupils with emotional and/or behavioural needs have access to appropriate support and intervention.
You will have:
- A desire to do something worthwhile for young people, to understand their needs and gain insights into how they think.
- A good standard of education, including English and Maths
- Some knowledge/experience of behavioural/emotional needs and related support strategies
Visits to our Academy are welcome and these can be arranged by contacting Jade Burton, PA to the Principal, on email@example.com
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
This post is fixed term until August 2020 and is required to commence September 2019. Interviews are scheduled to take place on Thursday 18 July 2019.
Closing date: Monday 15 July 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today, by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.