Smart Teachers are recruiting for an RE Education Assistant / Learning Support Assistant to join a good comprehensive school in Greenwich from January 2019. This position will be to support the RE department and provide support to small groups in KS3 and KS4. The suitable RE Education Assistant / Learning Support Assistant must be degree educated within a Humanities subject in order to be considered for the role. The position would suit an overseas-trained teacher looking to gain UK experience. This is a long term contract until the end of the academic year.
About the Role
· RE Education Assistant / Learning Support Assistant
· Group work with pupils in KS3 and KS4
· SEN support involved
· Long term contract until July 2019
· Daily rate of £80
About the School
· Very large 11-18 comprehensive school which has around 2000 pupils
· Ofsted rating “Good”
· Have distinct provisions in place for various SEN pupils
· Students join the sixth form from a wide range of schools, including grammar and fee-paying schools
· Fantastic Art facilities across KS3 – KS5
· Located in Greenwich
In order to be considered for this role, the RE Education Assistant / Learning Support Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
· Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum in Humanities
· Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
· Confident working with pupils with challenging behaviour
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number KJP21623.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.