To start September 2021
Contract: Full Time 1-year fixed term
Situated in a pleasant suburban area on the borders of Birmingham, Solihull and Worcestershire (only 5 minutes from Junction 3 of the M42), Woodrush High School is an oversubscribed 11-18 mixed Academy and has an excellent reputation locally and nationally. We are a designated Training School committed to educational innovation and we enjoy working partnerships with many schools locally and across the region.
We are offering a great opportunity for a practitioner who is passionate about their subject to join us at Woodrush High School within the Humanities faculty on a 1-year fixed term basis at an exciting time in its development. This vacancy is suitable for newly qualified teachers.
The successful candidate should be able to teach RE to KS3, KS4 and KS5. The successful candidate will provide excellent teaching that ensures all students achieve the best outcomes and will join a vibrant department, where teachers work together and are encouraged to inspire all students to make excellent progress from their individual starting points.
• Passionate about teaching RE?
• Reflective and dedicated to improving your practice?
• A caring professional who can build positive relationships and ensure young people are engaged and motivated to learn?
This role will include:
• Teaching KS3, KS4 and KS5 RE
• Pastoral duties as a Form Tutor
• Planning and delivering well-structured sequences of lessons, aligned with the curriculum to ensure all students make at least good progress
• Taking an active role in the department
We are proud to offer:
• The benefit of being part of our Training School
• A wealth of CPD aimed at teachers at all stages and levels of experience
• Supportive Induction programme
• Excellent opportunities for further career development
Interested candidates are welcome to come and look around the school by prior appointment.
To find out more information on our school please download our application pack from our website, where details can also be found on how to apply.
To apply via Tes please click 'Quick Apply' and complete the TES application form.
Alternatively, please contact Amy Branford, Human Resources on 01564 823777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to have a pack emailed to you.
Closing date 9am on 17th May 2021 interviews to take place shortly after.
Woodrush High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluently and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role
Woodrush High School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years