Smart Teachers are seeking to appoint an RE Teacher to join an ‘Outstanding’ school in Tunbridge Wells. The successful candidate will join a dedicated department and work with outstanding students who have a thirst for academic success.
The school are seeking to appoint a self-motivated, innovative teacher for September 2017 initially on a 12 month contract. The ideal candidate will be passionate about their subject, ambitious for their department and willing to support the Catholic ethos of the school. Knowledge of the Catholic Curriculum is essential and the post is open to NQT’s and experienced teachers.
About the Role
· Teacher of Religious Studies
· Continue the outstanding teaching practices within the department
· Contract is initially from September 2017 to July 2018
· Daily rate between £140 - £160 – depending on experience
About the School
· The school is set in the picturesque town of Tunbridge Wells
· Boasts state of the art facilities
· Strong leadership team that has consistently achieved high results
· The school is ‘Outstanding’ rated by OFSTED and stated “Almost all subject leaders and many teachers enable students to learn consistently well and, often, exceptionally well. Teachers have excellent subject knowledge, plan stimulating activities, select interesting resources and know their students’ learning needs.”
· The school provides a fantastic environment for teachers to learn and develop their current teaching skills as well as develop new ones
· Strong support from the leadership team to help teachers progress in their career
· Located in Kent, there is a direct train to London that takes 50 minutes
In order to be considered for this role, the RE Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply?
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number NXB17168.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.