Hours of work: 22 hours p/w – 38.6 weeks p/y
Weyfield Primary Academy is a ‘Good School’ in all categories judged by Ofsted 2015. ‘Good teaching and an exciting curriculum ensure that pupils engage well in learning’, with ‘Early Years provision ensuring a good start for all children as a secure foundation for later success’. A positive ethos and community spirit is promoted by all of the adults around the academy, with behaviour being exemplary. Our core purpose is to provide outstanding education for every child by raising expectations, creating opportunities and celebrating success.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and highly motivated Reception class LSA. The successful candidate will show a willingness to work closely within a team to deliver an inspirational curriculum that matches the needs of individual pupils and their learning abilities.
You will need to:
- Have had successful experience or work in Reception
- Have a good understanding of the Early Years Framework and the developmental steps for children under 5
- Have good communication skills and be able to clarify and explain instructions clearly
- Be professionally discrete and be able to respect confidentiality on particular issues
- Have a sound knowledge of how young children learn
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- High expectations of learning
- Be passionate about improving the life chances of pupils
- Be patient, calm, well organised and understanding
- Have the ability to build positive relationships with children
- Be flexible
- Have a positive attitude in line with the ethos of the school
- Be prepared to be flexible, resilient & reliable
- GCSE levels A-C in Maths & English
- Possess excellent literacy & numeracy skills
- Previous experience of working in Reception setting
We can offer:
- Happy, responsive children
- Good professional development opportunities
- A caring, committed and inclusive ethos
- The opportunity to develop classroom and leadership responsibilities
- A committed friendly & supportive staff team.
Weyfield Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to full safeguarding checks as well as satisfactory references.
We invite you to visit and a warm welcome is guaranteed! For an application pack or to arrange a visit, please contact Jayne Thorne on 01483 598956. Application packs are available via the school office. Please forward completed application forms together with a letter of application to the school office marked for the attention of Jayne Thorne. Electronic applications are welcome.
Closing Date: 27th January 2017