Employer: British International School of Stockholm
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Job starts: August 2021
The British International School of Stockholm invites applications from experienced, creative Reception Teachers to join our dynamic Foundation Stage team, from August 2021.
In addition, applicants should:
• be a fully qualified teacher (UK BEd or PGCE with relevant degree, or hold the equivalent recognised teaching qualifications from other countries)
• hold Qualified Teacher Status, or the equivalent
• be a fluent English speaker
• be learning focused
The successful candidates will also:
• have Early Years Foundation Stage experience and an understanding of relevant early childhood education approaches
• have a track record of improving and having a positive impact on children's learning
• demonstrate creative and enthusiastic approaches both in and out of the classroom
• be skilled in using digital tools for teaching
• be a reflective practitioner and embrace opportunities for continuous professional learning
We offer you:
• a wonderful country and school in which to work
• excellent professional development opportunities
• a committed and supportive Early Years team
• supportive and aspirational parents
• extremely friendly and vibrant staff and students from a rich range of backgrounds
If you are internationally-minded, and have the desire to help shape the exciting future of our school, we would love to hear from you.
The British International School of Stockholm is situated across a split site in Djursholm, a beautiful suburb of Stockholm. The school caters for the Nursery to Year 13 age range and enjoys an excellent reputation for both its academic progress and achievement, and its pastoral care. BISS is a vibrant and highly successful school of over 600 children from 40 different countries. Meeting internationally recognised standards of excellence, the school is an accredited member of COBIS (the Council of British International Schools) and received an excellent BSO inspection report.
BISS has developed a bespoke Foundation Stage curriculum based on best early years practice from around the world. Children are supported to develop their knowledge, skills and understanding through a combination of adult-led taught sessions, effective use of continuous and enhanced provision, in the moment planning, and sustained shared thinking. Learning happens both indoors and outdoors in all weathers, including weekly Forest School sessions at the nearby Altorp forest. We value learning through play, with the characteristics of effective learning taking a central role in our provision.
All applications should be submitted online via TES, taking particular care to fully complete all sections as instructed. Please include a letter of application in the Supporting Statement section. Please note that a CV will not be accepted in place of the online application form, but can be submitted as an attachment.
The deadline for applications will be 17.00 (Swedish time) on Wednesday 14th April, 2021. However, BISS reserves the right to interview and appoint outstanding candidates before this date. Interviews will be conducted online.
Please contact email@example.com for any queries about this role. For further information about the British International School of Stockholm, please visit http://www.bisstockholm.se
The British International School of Stockholm is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to relevant police checks, the receipt of satisfactory references and the production of relevant original ID documentation and examination certificates. The successful candidate must also be willing to undergo child protection training appropriate to the post.
British International School of Stockholm
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years