SOHO PARISH PRIMARY SCHOOL
We are a small, friendly Church of England school right in the heart of Soho behind Piccadilly Circus. With small class sizes, a commitment to personalised learning and excellent results, we are delighted to have been judged ‘Outstanding’ in all areas in our last Ofsted (March 2016).
We are looking for a teacher who is excited by the prospect of an “imaginative curriculum [that] opens pupils’ minds to possibilities”, and who can deliver a real impact within, and perhaps beyond, their own classroom to enable our school to grow even further.
This post is open to NQTs.
TLR may be available to an experienced candidate, who is willing to co-ordinate a key curriculum area and keen to gain leadership experience.
We are proud to offer:
- A genuine commitment to your development. Ofsted noted that “Leaders’ unique style … provides all staff with ample opportunities to shine” and that “every teacher is seen as a leader”.
- A thorough induction programme and a commitment to excellent CPD support
- A positive, enthusiastic staff who work well together
- Happy, warm-hearted children who like to learn and have fun
- Supportive parents and governors
- A creative topic-based curriculum focused on developing children’s confidence, imagination and resilience
- An inclusive, multi-ethnic, multi-lingual, diverse community
- A commitment to your wellbeing: initiatives this year have included a ‘duvet day’ for all staff and free weekly pilates and mindfulness courses.
- Depending on experience, the opportunity to lead a core subject & training for senior leadership
In return we are looking for someone who:
- Has a positive attitude and is prepared to take the initiative
- Is self-reflective, motivated and keen to improve their own practice
- Can demonstrate how they would make the most of our child-led, rich and creative curriculum.
- Is an outstanding classroom practitioner with excellent behaviour management.
- Has experience of small VA inner-London schools
- Has very high expectations for all children
- Is prepared to get involved in all aspects of school life, including running after-school clubs.
- Has a sense of humour
- Depending on experience, is able to coordinate a key subject
Soho Parish is committed to equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to medical, references and enhanced DBS check.
We encourage visits from prospective candidates so that you can see us in action. If you can’t make a visit you can speak to a member of our senior leadership via 0207 432 7320, who can give you all the information you need.
For further information including a job description, person spec and application form, please contact our Office Administrator James Munns at email@example.com or visit our website www.sohoparish.co.uk/vacancies
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 22nd March 2017 at 17:00
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email/phone shortly after the deadline to arrange an observation and interview. We prefer to observe and interview candidates in their current setting: please indicate whether or not this would be possible in your application.