Deanwood Primary School is a one-form entry school in Rainham, Kent. The school provides a high quality learning environment for all our children. Our commitment is to provide a welcoming, well organised and stimulating place for children to learn with plenty of space, both indoors and outdoors.
Deanwood Primary School seeks to appoint a dedicated and enthusiastic Reception Teacher with effect from 1 September 2019. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our dynamic school community and to support the academic and pastoral provision in the school. This is a full-time position and salary will be dependent upon experience and graded on the MPS/UPS.
Deanwood Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. References will be taken up for those candidates short-listed for interview. The successful candidate will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Deanwood Primary School was inspected by Ofsted on 2nd November 2018. The report states that Deanwood continues to be a good school and that:
• “High staff morale reflects your success in ensuring that staff feel valued and well-supported”
• “Pupils are keen to learn and concentrate well in lessons. They are proud of their school and speak to visitors enthusiastically about school life”
• “Parents are very pleased with the school’s work and with their children’s progress”
• “The quality of pupils’ learning continues to improve across the school”
• “You provide high-quality training for teachers and teaching assistants”
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. To apply or request further information please contact Jo Simmonds, Office Manager. The deadline for receipt of applications is noon Monday, 20 May. Please note that CV’s are not accepted and applicants should submit their application via TES www.tes.com.
Deanwood Primary School is an equal opportunities employer.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response and alter our interview dates.