Contract type – Full time
Contract term – Fixed term contract until August 2018, options to renew.
Job start –January 2017 but there is some flexibility (open to discussion)
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate teacher to join and contribute to the success of an already popular international school. We believe in providing a British Curriculum to both expatriate and local Tanzanian children. Students from all backgrounds are welcomed receiving the skills and opportunities that they need to succeed.
Isamilo International School is a Cambridge International Curriculum school in Mwanza, Tanzania. It is the oldest International School in Mwanza and is held high esteem. We offer an exceptional and well balanced education to 500+ children from a broad spectrum of cultural backgrounds aged between 2 and 18 years. We also have boarding students from across East Africa. We have a committed team of creative, resourceful and inspiring teachers and teaching assistants. The school benefits from a close-knit community where teachers, students, parents and guardians all come together to guarantee a memorable and enjoyable experience. We are now looking for a like-minded professional to join us. Please visit www.Isamiloschool.org for more information about our school.
Mwanza is the second largest city in Tanzania, after Dar es Salaam. There are frequent ferries to neighbouring islands, including Rubondo and Ukerewe. It has a growing population of over 700,000 residents. As well as being in close proximity to the Serengeti, Mwanza is just a short flight away from Dar es Salaam, Mount Kilimanjaro and Zanzibar. Mwanza boasts breath-taking views of Lake Victoria, famous rock formations and local wildlife. Water sports, including sailing and canoeing may appeal to the more active.
What we are looking for:
- Relevant degree and professional teaching qualification required
- A minimum of 3 years of post-qualifying teaching experience
- A strong understanding and working experience of the current EYFS curriculum
- Relevant CRB/Police checks
- Ability to communicate effectively with children, parents and all staff members
- Excellent administration, organisational and ICT skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- An outstanding role model to students
- A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
- A willingness to contribute to the extra-curricular and pastoral life of school
- Flights provided at the start and end of contract
- Start-up grant issued
- Furnished, secure accommodation close to school
- Visa and residency costs covered by the school
- Medical insurance
- Opportunities to join day and residential school trips for boarders and a range of year groups across East Africa
- Free school places for up to 2 dependents
- Generous holidays to travel home and/or beyond
- A strong, supportive expatriate community providing a ‘home away from home’
- Professional development and guidance given
- End of contract bonus
If you think you meet this criteria we would welcome your application. Please contact the school office for an application pack.
The school is committed to safeguarding students and appointments depend upon relevant CRB/Police checks and references.
Apply by Tuesday 6th December