Monday to Friday 11:00 – 17:30 (with 15 minutes unpaid break each day)
31¼ hours per week - all year round
To start as soon as possible
The successful candidate will also be required to respond to general email enquiries or ensure that emails to the school’s general address are forwarded to the relevant member of the school’s staff.
Excellent communication skills are essential as reception holds the key position of first point of contact for callers and visitors to the school. The role will involve managing a large volume of telephone calls and welcoming students, parents, community users and visitors. In addition, the reception team provide a small contribution to the administrative support within the school and good ICT and admin skills are required.
The school has invested and continues to invest in ensuring its site and facilities are of the highest quality for learning and the high level of use by the community, providing a safe and secure environment for students, staff and all our users and providing outstanding customer service.
· have excellent communication skills and experience of dealing with people from a variety of backgrounds
· have experience of working under pressure in a busy environment
· be calm and supportive, positively assertive and have a flexible approach to your work
· be organised and able to manage your time effectively
· have a good command of spoken and written English
· a high quality working environment where everyone is valued (the school holds the Investors in People Gold Award, 2011)
· full and comprehensive professional development
· excellent working conditions
· highly professional, energetic, supportive and friendly staff
Cranford Community College is an Equal Opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, irrespective of religion, race, colour, gender, sexuality, age or disability.
Cranford Community College is committed to the protection and safety of its students and therefore this post will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing date: 12.00 midday on Tuesday 27th March 2018