Mayfield is a successful and popular school catering for pupils between the ages of 2-19 with severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties. Mayfield School now operates across 3 sites in the Torquay, Brixham and Paignton.
We are seeking to recruit a committed, hardworking and enthusiastic individual to provide receptionist duties and administrative support at our site in Brixham.
The position is for 35 hours per week over 5 days, 39 weeks of the year (School Term time plus inset days). 8.30am - 4pm.
Being the first person that visitors to the school encounter makes this an immensely important role. You should be a cheerful and motivated individual who:
• Is able to work effectively within a team
• Is organised and works well under pressure
• Is personable, professional and welcoming to all visitors, pupils, parents and staff
• Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Has excellent ICT skills and able to use ICT to produce professional documentation
• Has a sense of humour and an ability to empathise with children who may display their social and emotional difficulties through challenging behaviour
Previous experience of working in a school environment with experience of SIMS is desirable, but not essential.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and other Safeguarding Checks.
Shortlisting: Monday 28th August
Interview: Thursday 31st August 2017
Start Date: 4th September or ASAP after this