Support our thriving academy! We are looking for a Receptionist Admin Assistant to be the first point of contact for all visitors to the academy, staff and students. To assist in the management of the reception area as well as providing administrative support in order to contribute to the smooth running of the academy.
We believe passionately in our mission statement – ‘We Know, We Can, We Will’. We never settle for less and are driven by achievement and success. To be a committed member of the Harris Invictus community is to aspire to learn and gain knowledge. We are able to apply what we know to the outside world. We can do it and we will succeed no matter the circumstances or difficulties we face.
Learning is a journey, and in partnership with parents, we will be there to support when needed, to celebrate successes and to guide our young people as they become the leaders of tomorrow.
“Education is the passport to the future for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today” Malcolm X
Main Areas of Responsibility
- To present the professional and welcoming face of the Academy to all visitors, staff and students, including telephone callers.
- To ensure all visitors are signed into the academy in accordance with safeguarding procedures.
- To respond to queries from parents/carers and the general public with exemplary professionalism, ensuring that any messages or complaints are immediately dealt with, forwarded to the appropriate member of staff or escalated as required.
- To ensure the overall appearance of the reception area is tidy, professional and presentable at all times.
- General administrative duties such as typing, photocopying, filing, collation and distribution of post.
- In liaison with appropriate academy staff, to contribute to the maintenance of academy information databases and filing systems relating to pupils, ensuring confidentiality is observed at all times and records are accurate and up to date.
- To assist academy staff in all aspects of academy life, including contacting parents and pupils where necessary.
- To provide general administrative support to the academy as required, including preparation of documentation, and administrative duties relating to specific areas such as academy calendar maintenance, extra-curricular activities, school trips, school meal arrangements.
- Provide general clerical/admin support e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, e-mailing, completing standard forms, responding to routine correspondence
- To cover the Main Office Reception desk as required
- Maintain manual and computerised records/management information systems.
- Produce lists/information/data as required, e.g. pupils’ data.
- Undertake typing, word processing and other IT based tasks.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Maintain and collate pupil reports.
- Provide timely and effective operation of secretarial and administrative support to the line manager.
- Assist the Academy by maintaining good relationships with staff, parents, governors, contractors, representatives and external agencies in order to promote the objectives of the School.
- Other duties as may reasonably be requested by the line manager
- Be involved in Academy duties.
- Be aware of and comply with Academy policies and legal requirements.
- Be a role model the Academy’s value.
- Contribute to the overall ethos of the Academy and be committed to helping students access learning.
- Engage actively in the Academy’s performance management system;
- Participate in in-service training as appropriate and commit to your own continuous professional development.
Qualifications & Experience
Qualifications, Knowledge & Training
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office packages
- Proficient in the use of computers and databases
- Previous experience in an administrative or front office/reception role
- Demonstrable customer service experience
Personal Skills, Abilities & Qualities
- Good level of interpersonal and communication skills, with a good standard of written and spoken English
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks appropriately
- Commitment to delivering excellent level of professional customer service
- Ability to remain calm and deal with challenging callers or visitors in an appropriate manner
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive, in particular where unexpected issues arise
- Ability to work effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; having tact and diplomacy where necessary.
Professional Development & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
Harris Invictus Academy Croydon
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Harris Invictus Academy Croydon was rated ‘outstanding’ in every category following its first ever Ofsted inspection in October 2016: only the seventh secondary free school in London to achieve this. The academy opened with its f...