We are looking for a friendly and organised Receptionist and Administrative Assistant to join our strong and supportive academy team.
You will be the first point of contact for all visitors to the academy, staff and students, assisting in the management of the reception area and providing administrative support to contribute to the smooth running of the academy.
Harris Academy Sutton will open in September 2018 as a brand new, state-of-the-art 11-18 co-educational academy in the heart of Sutton. With a Specialism in Science, the Academy will collaborate closely with its neighbours on the London Cancer Hub site: the Institute of Cancer Research and the Royal Marsden Hospital. These represent two world-class organisations and together with the new six-form entry Academy they will form a campus community with research buildings, hospital facilities, and a reputation for excellence in the fields of research and medical provision.
The Academy will offer a broad and balanced curriculum to the young people of Sutton: the Campus itself will provide a focal point for talented scientists and clinicians by establishing world class facilities to not only attract top researchers but also to educate the life science workforce of the future. This is a unique opportunity for dynamic, motivated professionals to be part of the team helping to shape what will become the leading science educational establishment in London.
Who we are looking for:
- Someone with a good level of interpersonal and communication skills, including a good standard of written and spoken English
- Someone who can work effectively with people across a wide range of levels, demonstrating tact, diplomacy and the ability to remain calm and deal with challenging callers or visitors in an appropriate manner
- A person with a high level of attention to detail, who is committed to delivering an excellent level of professional customer service
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience in an administrative or front office/reception role, and experience in customer service
- Education to GCSE level or equivalent, and ideally to A level
- Ideally, experience of working in a school or educational establishment
- A competent user of Microsoft Office packages, with proficiency in the use of computers and databases
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link.
Why work at Harris Academy Sutton?
- The opportunity to be part of the founding team of an Academy with the highest of expectations and ambitions for its staff and students
- Unrivalled potential for personal and professional development as the Academy grows
- An innovative, inclusive and happy environment in which to teach and learn, promoting academic achievement across the curriculum and encouraging participation in extra- curricular activities
- All the advantages of a highly successful Academy group including strong central support, outstanding CPD opportunities through the Harris Teaching School Alliance, and a generous benefits and rewards package
For more information, or to arrange a confidential discussion with the Principal, please call the Head of Recruitment on 0208 253 7777.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.