37.5 hours Monday to Friday, Term time only (+ INSET days)
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic individual to the role of Receptionist and Administrator. You will need to demonstrate a commitment to customer service and effectively manage a wide range of administration activities. Working as part of a team is a crucial aspect of the role within many different departments, so you must have a flexible attitude to react to different situations throughout the school day and the ability to use your own initiative within the learning environment.
Key Features of the job
Working within a highly motivated team, you will be the first point of contact for parents, students and all school visitors. With your passion for delivering great customer service, you will create a positive atmosphere and professional impression that reflects our core values and ethos. The role is varied and fast paced and will involve not only working on our busy reception, but also dealing with a variety of administrative and IT activities. The ability to prioritise effectively is a must, as are strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
Some of the typical work activities are as follows:
• Assist with managing reception and provide hospitality when required for visitors or meetings;
• Assist with any general enquiries received from parents or visitors by phone, email or in person;
• Provide an efficient administrative service supporting the smooth running of the school;
• Input/extract of data and reports from school database and so an aptitude with IT systems/databases would be advantageous;
• Assist as required with filing, collating, copying etc.;
• In liaison with the Premises Officer coordinate the receipt and distribution of deliveries to the school and ensure the relevant member of staff is informed of the delivery;
• Provide cover for other members of the School Administration team as required;
• Attendance at open evenings or school events by agreement will be required.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to become an integral part of the school, offering an excellent service within the school and to all its’ visitors. Salary dependent upon knowledge and experience.
Closing date for applications 6th September 2019, although applications will be considered as they are received.