Reports to: Office Manager/PA to the Principal
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: Ark Kings Academy – Secondary
Hours: 41.5 hours a week, 8.00am – 5.00pm Monday-Thursday, 8.00am – 4.00pm Fridays, 39 weeks per year (term time only)
Salary: Ark Support Scale 5: Pay Points 5-12 (£18,795-£21,589) (Pro-rata salary - £18,554.94 - £21,313.25)
Ark Kings – a small school, big family; transforming the lives of our students.
In 2015, Ark Kings Academy was named as the most improved academy in the country, and was rated ‘Good’ in all areas by Ofsted in October 2016. In April 2017, we moved into our brand-new school building and in September 2017 we became an all through school with students from Reception to year 11. It is therefore a very exciting time to be joining Ark Kings as part of our schools’ transformation.
As the Receptionist, in an extremely fast paced environment, you will be the welcoming face of the school and will provide a positive first impression to all visitors. You will occasionally provide general administrative support in the front office.
Job Description: Receptionist
- Act as the school’s main receptionist, providing a first point of contact for all incoming communications to ensure that they are answered in a timely and professional manner
- Greet visitors to the reception area as required, ensuring that visitors are welcomed into a friendly, professional environment and recorded in line with procedures
- Ensure safeguarding procedures are followed in regard to visitors and incoming calls
- Ensure that all communications are correctly logged and routed to their intended recipients, or an appropriate member of staff, to ensure a quick and effective communication system
- Ensure that queries are dealt with effectively, taking the initiative to identify and handle issues that arise on behalf of the Leadership team and others
- Overseeing the schools room book systems and procedures
- Use of Bromcom and Outlook to enable effective communication
- Liaise with colleagues and external contracts at all levels of seniority with confidence, tact and diplomacy
- Liaise with parents and carers as necessary
- Communicating with colleagues using internal on call system
- Receive deliveries and check delivery notes to ensure accuracy
- Overseeing the school minibus system and procedures
- Provide general clerical and administrative support for the school when required to do so
Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by the Office Manager
Person Specification: Receptionist
- Right to work in the UK
- Maths and English GCSE at grade C or above
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of working as a school receptionist, essential
- Professional telephone manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisation and time-management skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Genuine passion for and belief in the potential of every students
- Deep commitment to Ark’s mission of providing an excellent education to every student regardless of background
- Helpful, positive, calm and caring nature
- Works productively in a high-pressure environment with a positive attitude
- Adaptable and a fast learner
- Excellent interpersonal skills with children and adults
- Able to take direction but also take initiative when required
- Exercises sound judgment, especially relating to confidentiality and discretion
- Commitment to equality of opportunity and the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils
- Willingness to undertake training
- This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
Our behaviour system, means that teachers can focus on getting the best possible outcomes for students. Extra free periods are built into the school day to enable you have the time to get things done – whether that’s training, lesson planning or meetings.
By joining Ark Kings Academy, you will be part of Ark, an education charity and one of the UK's most successful school groups, with a network of 37 schools in four locations across the country. Our aim is to give every child, regardless of their background, access to a great education and real choices in life. Being part of Ark means you’ll have access to a range of high-quality training and development programmes designed to meet the needs of you and your school, be supported by our network of education experts and dedicated central team and have the opportunity to take your career in your own direction.
Visit our website for more information on the school. For an informal, confidential discussion, please contact us on 0121 459 4451 or the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 116 6345 for any application form enquiries
Please submit your application online by visiting www.arkonline.org/careers
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our academies. In order to meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process. This process is outlined here, but can be provided in more detail if requested. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.