Part-time - Job Share 8am - 12.30 and 12 noon to 4.30 (Training days plus 4 days during summer)
Inspire their remarkable with us
About Greenwood Academy
Greenwood Academy is a vibrant, successful 11-18 Academy situated in the heart of Castle Vale and is part of the Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) family of schools. We currently have 840 pupils on roll and are growing every year. As a member of AET we believe that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
A visit to the school is strongly recommended to discuss the next step in your career.
We are looking for a customer focussed Receptionist to provide a professional and comprehensive reception service and administrative support to the Academy. You will be a committed and hardworking team player who will support the pupils, staff and parents in continuing to raise the profile and ongoing success of the department and, more widely, the Academy.
In particular, we are seeking an individual who will:
- Answer all incoming calls and handle caller’s enquiries promptly
- Redirect calls as appropriate and take adequate messages when required
- Greeting visitors to the school, signing in and out, issuing security passes
- Keep a comprehensive record of visitors to the Academy
- Ensure the reception area is kept tidy at all times
- Be flexible when needed to cover any office absences as and when
- Provide essential support to pupils and staff
- To provide secretarial and administrative support
- To provide support in the smooth running of the behaviour pathway
- Dealing with emergencies that are reported to reception including First Aid (training will be provided)
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Closing date: Wednesday 19 February 2020
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today, by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.