An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Receptionist to join Bicester Learning Academy as soon as possible. This is a permanent position of 37 hours per week for 39 weeks per year. The starting salary will be Grade 5, point 5, currently £18,795 pro rata per annum (£16,120.33 for the contracted hours and weeks). The position is based at The Cooper School but the successful candidate will be expected to work across all of the Bicester Learning Academy sites.
The working hours are 8am to 4pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. On Wednesdays there is a 3.30pm finish.
- a friendly working environment;
- supportive colleagues across the academy;
- support for continued professional development;
- competitive salary.
We are seeking a customer-focused, adaptable and efficient School Receptionist with strong interpersonal skills to act as a first point of contact for customers phoning, emailing and visiting the School. We are looking for someone who is proactive, and can offer professional administrative support to colleagues.
The successful candidate will have:
- A good standard of education including English at GCSE level or equivalent.
- Experience of working in a similar role in a secondary school.
- Customer care experience.
- Computer literacy across Microsoft products.
- Experience of or an aptitude to learn Google Apps for Education.
- Good communication (written and oral) and organisational skills.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure.
- The ability to multi-task.
For an informal discussion of the post please contact Mrs Celia Ottaway, Administration Team Supervisor on (01869) 242121 or email email@example.com
To find out more about our academy please visit our website:
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Human Resources on 01869 362697 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday 28th June 2019, 9am
Bicester Learning Academy have the right to interview and appoint at any time throughout this recruitment process. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
Bicester Learning Academy is committed to safeguarding children. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check (formerly CRB) in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.
Details of the Academy’s policies relating to the Employment of Ex-Offenders and the Secure Storage, Handling, Use, Retention and Disposal of Disclosure and Barring Certificates and Disclosure information are included within the recruitment pack.