Duties and responsibilities
• Welcoming visitors to the school, ensuring visitors are well cared for and the visitor areas are well kept;
• Dealing with personal, telephone and email enquiries; taking and passing on accurate messages, being quick and efficient in transferring calls to the relevant colleagues and generally ensuring an efficient and friendly manner;
• Responding to parent and guardian queries regarding our students;
• Liaising with Form teachers and boarding staff to provide pastoral support for students;
• Helping Students with other administrative matters such as arranging appointments and transport arrangements;
• Answering queries from students and staff and passing on messages as necessary; and
• Using Outlook calendars to book rooms and review appointments and manage the bookings for events and visits.
Administrative Support for Staff
• Ensure that current student records are accurately maintained and updated using the School’s management information system, working with the Academic coordinator to ensure subject and timetable information is correct;
• Monitor and record pupil attendance; follow up on absences and compile absence reports as required; assist with the dispatch of student reports;
• Providing administrative support for staff, including document preparation; photocopying; printing; information collection, coordination and distribution and report creating;
• Manage set up and arrangement for student events and activities, for example: trips, Parents Evenings, careers and further education events, start and end of term;
• Managing stock of stationery and other consumables used in the day to day life of the School;
• Dealing with incoming and outgoing post, deliveries and couriers;
• Oversee staff and student common areas and meeting rooms, ensuring spaces are well kept and visitor friendly and notice boards are up to date;
• Provide liaison with maintenance, catering and IT staff; and
• Create tables and reports, mailing lists and other information using the student database.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
d’Overbroeck’s is a co-educational independent day and boarding school in Oxford for students aged 11 – 18. The school roll currently stands at around 670, and this is set to grow in the coming years.
d’Overbroeck’s consists of thre...