The school Receptionist performs front of house duties including meeting and greeting visitors and answering telephone calls. The Receptionist also supports the school office with general administrative duties.
• To be a professional, effective and efficient Receptionist.
• Deal with enquiries from parents and pupils and relay relevant messages.
• Act as a first point of contact for visitors ensuring they are correctly signed in and have appropriate supervision around the school.
• Be responsible for the pupil registers and absence reporting.
• Receive parcels to the School and ensure they are delivered to the relevant areas
• General office admin work at the request of the Headteacher, PA or office staff
• Work flexibly as a member of the administrative team and undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required to support the Headteacher and the on-going success of Manor House School.
• Take responsibility for the health, welfare and safety of pupils at all times.
• Uphold the policies and follow the guidelines set out in the current policies and procedures.
• Accept any project delegated by the Headteacher or Bursar.
• Participate in the wider community of Manor House School such as Heritage day and whole school open days which may require occasional work in the evening or at weekends (overtime will be paid in agreement with the Bursar).
Manor House School is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people for which all staff share responsibility. We have an extensive policy regarding safer recruitment practices which ensures those unsuitable for working with children are identified at the initial stages. All staff in regulated activity with pupils are subject to the standard pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check.
Manor House School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Girls school with students of age 2 - 16 years