This contract is intended to be permanent, subject to successful discovery phase with potential sponsor schools.
To start as soon as possible
Are you an experienced, innovative senior leader looking for a new challenge? Do you have proven experience of raising standards in complex educational environments? Have you recently led a school or group of schools to success through strong leadership, great teaching, high quality school improvement and improving results? Do you have a passion for taking proven methodologies and strategies into new settings and transforming the lives of pupils and their families?
We are looking for a new Regional Director to support the growth of the Lion Education Trust in Essex and the South-East. We are looking for a candidate with an unwavering commitment to the highest expectations for all our children, a belief in creating a no excuses culture that ensures all our children get equal opportunity to an outstanding education regardless of their background or ability. Based around our existing primary school in Basildon, with a further school in Canvey Island expected to join the Trust in September 2017, this is a wonderful opportunity to flex your passion for outstanding education service delivery within the proven and highly effective support structure that the Trust offers.
Your role will be to grow the Essex hub into a self- sustainable school improvement cluster of schools which are centers of excellence and the local schools of choice for families, by delivering the Lion Education Trust ethos, vision and educational offer. Through carefully managed and secured growth, this will be a hands-on leadership approach including recruiting and building a sustainable leadership team across the schools – growing the next generation of leaders and teaching professionals to work across schools joining the Trust estate. This will be achieved through the implementation of a strategic educational vision, embedding a shared culture of excellent teaching and learning and driving region-wide Trust improvement strategies. You will be responsible for achieving outstanding outcomes for children across the region.
As an influential advocate, you will be responsible for promoting a compelling learning offer, growing student numbers and strengthening the profile of Lion Education Trust and our schools with parents, key stakeholders and the wider community.
The Trust Board are seeking to increase capacity by appointing a Regional Director who is a dynamic, ambitious, committed and enthusiastic leader, who will proactively demonstrate skills and inspire staff. The successful candidate will also work closely with the Trust Executives and the Trust board to move our schools forward, ensuring that our pupils have the best possible education and school experience. We will provide the tools and strategies to complement your passion and excitement for transforming schools in the area – if you are seeking a route to deliver on your desire and ambition to create a lasting legacy of outstanding schools, then we are interested in meeting you to discuss this further.
The Lion Education Trust has unashamedly high expectations: we are seeking ambitious and hardworking staff and above all, happy and enthusiastic children with a thirst for learning.
We are seeking a Regional Director who is:
- An innovative, creative and strategic thinker
- Able to lead, motivate, challenge and inspire whole school communities;
- Committed to achieving the highest possible standards of learning and teaching;
- Shares our vision of school improvement and is committed to implementing the Trust’s executive frameworks to secure outcomes which are commensurate with all Trust schools;
- Dynamic and enthusiastic with the vision and energy to help lead schools to excellence;
- Friendly and approachable with excellent communication skills and a passion for teaching; and
- Experienced in school improvement with a proven track record of success and strong leadership in developing teaching and learning.
We can offer you:
- A vibrant and rapidly expanding trust situated in culturally diverse areas of London, Essex and nationally with all the rewards and opportunities that it brings;
- Lively, friendly and aspirational children who are determined to make the most of their schooling;
- A dynamic and dedicated team of teachers and support staff who want the best for their children;
- A supportive and ambitious executive team with the urgency and passion to ensure every day is “good or better” for every one of our pupils; and
- Excellent opportunities for further professional development on your leadership journey through the Lion Education Trust
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and the successful applicant must provide satisfactory references and will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure, along with all relevant safeguarding checks.
For an application pack, please email; Hayden@lionacademytrust.net you can also visit the LAT website: www.lionacademytrust.net
Closing date: 4pm on the 20th July 2017.
Shortlisting: 21st of July 2017
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 26th July 2017
For an informal discussion, please contact Hayden Tyers, Deputy Chief Executive Officer on 0208 539 6777.