KAA is an 11 – 18 academy situated in the heart of Notting Hill, West London. We opened in brand new buildings in 2014 and our facilities are second to none. We are currently in our fourth year of operation and have 920 students in Years 7, 8, 9, 10, 12 and 13 with us. By September 2018 we will be a full school with all seven year groups.
KAA is a school which has the very highest standards – both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. In our first year the Department of Education reported we are “one of the best new academies they had ever seen” in terms of our planning and curriculum. In 2017, Ofsted have judged us to be “outstanding” in all areas and described standards as “exceptional”. Our Sixth Form is also outstanding and is operated jointly with our independent school partners Charterhouse and Godolphin & Latymer. Candidates can read of our recent Ofsted and exam successes on our website, kaa.org.uk, along with other evidence of the exceptional standards in our school.
We are currently looking for a talented and committed School Registrar to join our outstanding academy.
The School Registrar is responsible for ensuring that admissions processes into KAA at all ages are administered efficiently and with due regard to legal admissions processes. They will also hold data administrative responsibilities throughout the year. He/She will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with parents (current and prospective). The Registrar will play a key part in the planning, preparation and execution of key admissions-related events and cycles as well as keeping accurate and up-to-date pupil records for all students on-roll.
- Liaise with local authority and feeder schools to coordinate the collation of information on prospective applicants
- Be main point of contact and organise all open days, school visits and events relating to admissions
- Collect, update and maintain appropriate data on current and prospective pupils (incl. Free School Meals, medical information, prior schooling, prior attainment records and any fields required for statutory returns on school Census)
- Enter all registration data into the management information system database (incl. CTF file management)
- Ensure all pupil hard files are maintained and paper work filed in compliance with data protection policies
- Update, on an on-going basis, any changes to admissions information within the school’s management information system (eg. change of address and contact information)
- Respond to telephone, in person and written enquiries relating to the registration process at KAA
- To manage the procedures relating to pupil transfers in accordance with school/LA policy and the safe transfer of their pupil records
- Keep up to date with wider admissions policies and procedures
- To work with the pastoral teams with regards to tracking of students who are educated off-site on alternative provisions and manage the end-to-end administration of this process
- Responsible for the administration and organisation of school photos to include; arranging photographer visit, production of class/sibling lists, supervising on day, distributing photos when returned, uploading photos onto the MIS system of the school
- To support the administration of CATs and Reading tests and hold responsibility for maintaining this data.
- To carry out administrative tasks and support for the data and pastoral teams as and when required
- To keep up to date with data protection policies and ensure all activities adhere to these guidelines
Deadline: Apply by 9 am on Monday 4th June 2018
Please send your completed application form to Lavinia Baboi at email@example.com
Please also complete the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form using the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/eh8N7EiLSyU6BIuE2
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The post holder must be committed to safeguarding the welfare of children.