Relief Learning Support Assistant
Salary: £9.62 - £9.81 Per hour
Inspire their remarkable with us
Pioneer is a very successful special school providing for children and young people between the ages of 3 to 19 with Severe and Complex Learning Difficulties. We have purpose built facilities and an opportunity has arisen to join our team in this exciting environment.
We are looking to appoint a number of relief Learning Support Assistants to cover absence on a casual basis. You will work in partnership with class teachers to support pupils’ learning in line with codes of practice and school policies and procedures. The successful candidates will be required to attend to pupils’ personal needs, helping with social, welfare, care and health matters, which may include toileting, dressing, feeding and mobility.
Previous experience of working with children with special educational needs is essential.
All shortlisted candidates will be required to take a basic numeracy & literacy test.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact us on 01268 243300.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date: Friday 24 September 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today:
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/initial-teacher-training for further details.
- Special needs with state - academy funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 19 years
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
We are a successful, purpose built, mixed special school providing for children and young people between the ages of 3 – 19 with severe and complex learning difficulties, althoug...