CARDIFF St Kevin's Primary School
(Years K-6, Current enrolment 103)
In the Diocese of Maitland Newcastle Religious Education Co-ordinators (RECs) are recognised and acknowledged as significant religious leaders for the school community. They are members of the school executive team and are tasked with the role of supporting the Principal in promoting and affirming the Catholic culture, identity and mission of the school.
RECs are practising Catholics who are committed to the life of a Eucharistic community and have an understanding of their baptismal call to share and witness the good news of Jesus Christ with students, parents and staff.
RECs represent the school and the teaching profession in the community, especially the parish. They are professional, ethical and respected individuals within and outside the school.
It is expected the REC will work in partnership with the Principal in providing religious leadership for the school and wider community.
Initial appointment will be for two years, renewable for a further four years subject to a satisfactory performance review.
• Applicant must be a practising Catholic.
• Applicant must uphold and communicate the school’s Josephite charism and honour the legacy of the founder.
• Applicant must have a proven capacity to build links between the school and its broader parish community in ways that foster faith formation and identity with the parish.
• Applicant must have the capacity to promote faith formation in staff by providing rich experiences in prayer, reflection and liturgy.
•Applicant will need to comply with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead policy and will need to work towards Accreditation at Category E – Accreditation for Senior Leadership.
• Applicant must have completed, be in the process of completing or agree to complete (within 4 years of appointment) a Graduate Diploma or preferably a Masters Degree in R.E., Theological Studies, Spirituality or Educational Leadership with at least four units from approved areas.
• Capacity to work collaboratively as a member of the school’s leadership team
• record current NESA and Working With Children number on application.
• evidence of completion of Anaphylaxis training certificate must be supplied. (https://etraining.allergy.org.au/login/index.php)
Note: To start or return to working as a teacher in a NSW school, you must be accredited by NESA.
• Proven capacity to lead curriculum innovation.
• Proven capacity to mentor colleagues through the PP&D process.
• Proven capacity to manage COSI compliance matters in both curriculum and non-curriculum areas.
• Proven capacity to foster in students those skills that are required in a contemporary educational setting.
• Proven capacity to implement the school’s Positive Behaviour for Learning framework.
• Proven capacity to be pastorally present to staff, students and their families and to continue the development of pastoral care initiatives within the school.
• Have well developed communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proven capacity to lead a Stage group.
• Capacity to work with Parish and to be actively involved in the Sacramental Team.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with the Enterprise Agreement NSW Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools. The position of REC at this school currently attracts an allowance of $15,982.00 p.a. (2 point position)
Sunday 20 October, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Kevin's Primary School
PO Box 116
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
Applicants should nominate at least three (3) referees, one of whom must be a parish priest and two other persons one of whom must be the person's current principal and/or area supervisor or consultant. Selection procedure will involve an interview. Intending applicants should carefully consider the criteria and other information supplied before submitting their application.
Applications will be received up until 3.00pm on the closing date.