|Location||ADAMSTOWN St Columba's Primary School|
|Vacancy Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Description||Kindergarten to Year 6, Current enrolment 222.
St Columba's Primary School, Adamstown, is an extraordinary primary school with a long tradition of delivering quality educational experiences for students. The strong school community enjoys a beautiful setting close to the city of Newcastle and its stunning beaches, while providing a balanced education that focuses on the academic, social, physical and spiritual needs of its students.
In the Diocese of Maitland Newcastle Religious Education Co-ordinators (RECs) are recognised and acknowledged as Religious Leaders for the school community. They are senior members of the school executive team and are tasked with the role of supporting the Principal in promoting and affirming the Catholic culture, identity and mission of the school.
RECs are practising Catholics who are committed to the life of their Eucharistic community and have an understanding of their Baptismal call to share and witness the Good News of Jesus Christ with students, parents and staff.
RECs represent the school and the teaching profession in the community, especially the parish. They are professional, ethical and respected individuals within and outside the school.
It is expected the REC will work in partnership with the Principal and Parish Priest in providing religious leadership for the school and wider community.
|Position Requirements||• Compliance with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead policy and will need to achieve accreditation at Category E – Accreditation for Senior Leadership. (within a time -frame specified at time of appointment)
The Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle has an abiding commitment to promote the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and vulnerable adults - particularly those who participate in the life of the Diocese. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check and, where legislated, hold a Working with Children Check. Diocesan workers are expected to personally adopt and enact the Diocese’s Safeguarding Commitment Statement.
|Essential Criteria||• Must be a practising Catholic who is committed to the life of their Eucharistic community;
• Demonstrate an understanding of and clear commitment to nature and purpose of Catholic Education;
• Applicant must have a proven capacity to build links between the school and its broader parish community in ways that foster faith formation and identity with the parish;
• Applicant must have the capacity to promote faith formation in staff by providing/coordinating rich experiences in prayer, reflection and liturgy;
• Capacity to work collaboratively as a member of the school’s leadership team;
• Capacity to manage aspects of the COSI cycle including Religion Curriculum and Catholic Identity Validation;
• Demonstrate a high-level knowledge and understanding of the relevant Religious Education Frameworks and the Diocesan (K-6) RE Syllabus;
• Capacity to facilitate Religious Literacy Improvement;
• Proven capacity to lead curriculum innovation;
• Have well developed communication and interpersonal skills;
• Applicant must have completed, be in the process of completing or agree to complete (within 4 years of appointment) a Graduate Diploma or preferably a Masters Degree in R.E., Theological Studies, Spirituality or Educational Leadership with at least four units from approved areas.
Note: To start or return to working as a teacher in a NSW school, you must be accredited by NESA. Your current NESA and Working With Children number must be recorded on your application.
• Capacity to mentor colleagues through the PP&D process;
• Proven capacity to foster in students those skills that are required in a contemporary educational setting;
• Proven capacity to implement the school’s MJR and pastoral care framework.
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2020. The position of REC at this school currently attracts an allowance of $16,756.00 p.a. (2 point position).|
|Applications Close||Sunday 28 February, 2021|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Jenny Howard (email@example.com)||4952 1642|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||Benefits including:
• A corporate fitness program;
• Employee assistance program (EAP);
• Paid parental leave;
• Training and staff development programs;
• Access to long service leave after just five years; and
• Opportunity for leasing motor vehicles. To apply: Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person. Referees Applicants should nominate at least three (3) referees, one of whom must be a parish priest and two other persons one of whom must be the person's current principal and/or area supervisor or consultant. Selection procedure will involve an interview. Intending applicants should carefully consider the criteria and other information supplied before submitting their application. Emails only of applications will be received up until 11.59pm on the closing date. **Please note that by not addressing the selection criteria, this may affect our application and you may not be shortlisted.**
St Columba's Primary School