Smart Teachers is working with an “Outstanding” independent school in Waltham Forest to appoint a Religious Studies and Philosophy Teacher to teach Religious Studies across all Key Stages and Philosophy at A Level. With the majority of students above average ability, the following position would suit a results driven and dynamic practitioner who will thrive in an academically enhanced environment. The department boasts state of the art facilities and excellent training. This is an exceptional opportunity not to be missed out on. The role is a maternity cover contract for the academic year and is due to start in October 2017. However, there is potential for this to extend.
About the role
· Religious Studies and Philosophy Teacher
· Teaching Religious Studies across all Key Stages and Philosophy at A Level
· Planning and delivering lessons that will inspire and motivate the students
· Strong subject knowledge and being able to teach up to and including A-level is essential
· October 2017 start, covering maternity until July 2018, with the potential to extend
· Competitive salary up to £40,000
About the School
· Rated “Outstanding” in all areas by Ofsted
· Situated within close proximity to Epping Forest, North East London
· Excellently resourced Religious Studies and Philosophy department
· Enchanting classrooms in the heart of the old school building
· Staff offered excellent training
· Access to excellent facilities for teaching and learning
In order to be considered for this role, the Religious Studies and Philosophy Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold a PGCE or equivalent teaching qualification
· NQTS welcome to apply as well as those with experience teaching both the UK and equivalent overseas curriculum
· Thrive in a multi-cultural teaching environment
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number SZV27052.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.