TEACHER OF RELIGIOUS STUDIES
(Secondary Phase) - applications from NQTs welcomed
About the school: St. Mary Magdalene is a popular and successful Outstanding school with three school campuses; primary sites in Woolwich and Greenwich Peninsula and a secondary site currently based in Blackheath. It leads a federation with another primary school in Greenwich (SE10), Christ Church. St Mary Magdalene’s secondary phase opened in September 2016 and will provide a total of 900 places for students aged 11-16. It will also offer a sixth form provision from September 2020, providing 300 places for students aged 16-19. The Greenwich Peninsula Site will open in November 2018.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding candidate for a unique and exciting opportunity to join our team within our secondary phase. This is a superb opportunity for the right candidate to work in a supportive and energetic school.
The candidate will be:
• an outstanding teacher
• highly organised, motivational and flexible
• an inclusive individual, with high expectations of all students, who is committed to all
• students reaching their full potential
• dedicated to raising standards and working in partnership with others
• experienced and able to provide technical IT advice and support
We can offer:
• a supportive leadership team and vibrant professional community
• quality training to those new to the career
• a commitment to continuing professional development
• a positive school culture which believes in distributed/ collaborative leadership
• energetic and enthusiastic high attaining students
• a supportive, Christian ethos across our school communities
• an Apple MacBook
• a Federation CPD programme Our school premises are currently located on Old Dover Road, Blackheath, where we are temporarily based until our new £40m building is completed on the Greenwich Peninsula, beside the O2.
Closing Date: Monday 4th June 2018 (12.00 noon)
Interview Date: Applications will be reviewed on receipt and shortlisted candidates will be contacted straight away to arrange a mutually convenient date for interview/lesson observation. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to show they share this commitment; enhanced criminal records bureau disclosure is required for all staff.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be telephoned & invited to attend interview.