Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Religious Studies Teacher to join an improving school in Richmond, South West London. This position is available to start in September 2019. The successful Religious Studies Teacher will be working full time on a permanent contract. This position is suitable for NQTs and teachers that are more experienced.
About the Role
• Religious Studies Teacher
• KS3 and KS4 timetable
• KS5 Philosophy and Ethics available at this school (OCR Religious Studies)
• Planning/marking – full teaching responsibilities included
• Permanent contract, salary depending on experience
• £27,000 to £39,000
• September 2019
• Large Humanities faculty, RS receiving full support from SLT here and RS is taught to all year groups
About the School
• Large secondary school converted into an academy within the last 5 years
• Moved into a purpose built state of the art building in the last 10 years
• Modern facilities
• Well-structured sixth form
• New resources across all departments
• Behaviour here is generally good – excellent behaviour management policy in place
• Set on expansive grounds for outdoor learning and activities
• Bright spacious classrooms
• Transport links are easily accessible with onsite parking at the school
• Located in a beautiful part of South West London
In order to be considered for this role, the Religious Studies Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have recent classroom experience in the UK (preferred)
• Must have QTS or eligibility to apply
• Have strong behaviour management skills
• Possess the ability to teach pre-planned lessons and partake in marking work
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RXN15429RS.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.