Research School Lead
Leadership Scale (negotiable for right candidate)
Hastings Research School
Ark Blacklands Primary Academy
Start date: 1st September 2018 (or earlier if available)
Fixed Term contract until August 2020
Ark Blacklands Primary Academy has recently been awarded Research School status and we are looking to appoint a senior leader to lead this area of our academy. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a great teacher who has an interest in supporting schools, and shaping the educational landscape, within the Hastings Opportunity Area through evidence based practice. The successful candidate will drive our work to offer local schools exceptional training, professional development and high quality support to develop their own practice.
The Hastings Research School is part of the Research Schools Network – a collaboration between the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) and the Institute for Effective Education (IEE) to create a network of schools that will support the use of evidence to improve teaching practice. We are one of 22 providers nationally who make up the Research Schools’ network: https:\\researchschool.org.uk/
Research Schools act as regional hubs for the Research Schools Network. Through the network, they share what they know about putting research into practice and support schools to make better use of evidence to inform their teaching and learning so that they really make a difference in the classroom.
Our Research School aims to lead the way in the use of evidence-based practice and bring research closer to schools in Hastings. Through the network we will share what we know about putting research into practice and support schools to make better use of evidence to inform their teaching and learning so that they really make a difference in the classroom.
Key aspects of the role:
- Encourage other schools in Hastings to make use of evidence-based programmes and practices through regular communication and events
- Provide training and professional development for senior leaders and teachers on how to improve classroom practice based on the best available evidence
- Support schools to develop innovative ways of improving teaching and learning and provide them with the expertise to evaluate their impact
• Opportunity to benefit from expertise and support from within the national Research School community
• Access to high quality professional development from the Research Schools around the country
• By joining one of the highest performing multi academy trusts in the country, you will have the opportunity
to broaden your own knowledge, understanding and professional experience
• Play a vital role in changing the future of education in Hastings
• Qualified teacher status
• Extensive teaching experience essential of either primary, secondary or Further Education
• Proven leadership skills
• Experience in developing classroom practice and supporting and developing teachers and middle leaders
*** Experience of working in research is not essential but a keen and genuine interest in making best use of evidence based practice is crucial.
Interested in this exciting opportunity? We strongly encourage you to visit one of our academies if you are interested in this post. Please contact Mrs. G Hulls on 01424 429279 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange to arrange a visit to the academies.
For further information please visit www.arkblacklandsprimary.org and www.arkonline.org.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 22nd January 2018
Interviews: Thursday 1st February 2018
Salary: Leadership scale - negotiable for right candidate (please call for further details)
Contract: Fixed until August 2020, with the opportunity for extension if significant impact and successful outcomes are achieved.
Start date: 1st September 2018 (or earlier if able)
Ark Hastings Primary Academies are committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.