Fixed Term from 24th August 2020 to 31st August 2021 with the potential to extend the term by a further academic year depending on performance.
The post-holder will be required to live on site during term time (35 weeks)
Mount St Mary’s College is looking for an enthusiastic graduate with a strong sports background, specifically Hockey and Netball, and desire to pursue a career in education and coaching. The role would provide support to two key areas of the school, Boarding and the Sports department.
Mount St Mary’s College and its preparatory school, Barlborough Hall provide an independent education for girls and boys aged 3 to 18 and has long been regarded as one of the premier Schools in the North for sporting excellence. Games are played to the highest level, producing country, regional and national players in all the major sports. Boarding at Mount St Mary’s College takes place across three vibrant, supportive and well-maintained boarding houses. The College offers a seven-day-a-week boarding programme, attracting pupils from overseas as well as the UK.
We are currently looking for individuals to join our Residential Graduate Programme and are keen to hear from recent university graduates and current students who will be graduating in 2020 and are planning for careers in education and sports.
The Residential Graduate Programme allows individuals to gain new skills and experience from working in a very busy independent boarding school. The flexibility of this varied post enables the successful candidates to get the best out of the whole experience by playing a full part in school life and apply their own individual specialisms to the role.
As a Residential Graduate Sports Coach you will support the Sports department in delivering quality, sports sessions including preparation and maintenance of resources, materials and providing support to staff and pupils. Assist and coach across the whole age and ability range during timetabled sports sessions and extra-curricular activities including weekend fixtures. When not coaching, you will also provide support to the Sports team on both the administration and commercial side of the operation.
The second element of the role is to provide support to the Houseparents’ in the Boarding Houses and to act as the responsible adult in the boarding house when the Houseparent is off duty. You will ensure that all members of the boarding house are safe and well whilst on duty, and be proactive in maintaining high standards of pastoral care. When on duty you will be the duty supervisor for the boarding staff within their boarding house.
- A salary of £12,000, paid in monthly instalments from September to July
- Accommodation and full board provided at no extra charge
- College sports kit provided
- Opportunities for the right individuals to progress to the 2nd year of the programme
- An opportunity to develop skills and experience in a leading Jesuit Independent School
The successful candidate will:
- Be recently graduated with a degree level qualification
- Have a recognised Level 1 Coaching Certificate or equivalent in Hockey and or Netball
- Have experience of working with young people, ideally in an education environment
- Have experience of delivering structured sports sessions
- Have the ability to motivate, inspire and challenge students to achieve their full potential
- Participate in the pastoral care of the pupils
- Work with the Cross Campus Director of Sport and others to help plan and coordinate events in order to increase the use of the college’s sporting facilities and establish the School as a premiere sports venue
- Promote the values and ethos of the School
For further details and to download an application form, please visit our website. CVs will not be accepted. Completed applications should be returned by the closing date to email@example.com
Please note if you do not hear within 4 weeks of the closing date, you can assume you have been unsuccessful. All correspondence will be sent via email.
Closing date: Midday on Friday, 14th February 2020.
The School values diversity and strives to promote equality at all levels, including its employees, students. Applications are welcome from all sections of the Community.
Mount St Mary’s College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.