Residential Support Worker
Vision for Education are currently recruiting for dedicated, confident and experienced Residential Support Workers to work across our partner residences in Jesmond and Killingworth. To be suitable for this position, you must be comfortable working with young people between ages 8 and 18 who have complex medical conditions and severe learning and physical difficulties. For the right candidate there is the potential to go full time.
Shift patterns across the residences are:
- 7am till 10am – Monday to Friday
- 3pm till 10pm – Monday to Friday
- 8am till 4pm – Weekends
- 4pm till 10pm – Weekends
- 09:30pm – 09:30am – Nightshift
- 08:30pm – 8:30am – Nightshift
To be considered for the Residential Support Worker position, you will:
- Be over 21 years old.
- Must have a minimum of 6-8 weeks experience.
- Be comfortable supporting service users with personal care and changing.
- Have an understanding, proactive personality with a strong ability to us your initiative.
- Be available to work between the hours specified above.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offer
- As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £390.
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an individual who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle SEND team on 01912291386.