Residential Support Worker
£9.99 per hour on a rota basis, 35 – 40 hours per week, Monday to Sunday. Plus sleep in bonus.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: At least 3 months experience in placement related to children or education.
Vision for education are seeking Residential Support Workers who are seeking a permanent role within a young adults residential care setting in Sheffield
Please contact Francesca Halit ASAP on 01145530900 for more information or email email@example.com
The role of a Residential Support Worker will involve supporting young people with SEMH (Social Emotional and Mental Health Issues) along with other needs including but not limited to ASD, ADHD, PDA, attachment disorders and behaviours that challenge within the college and residential setting.
This role requires a committed, enthusiastic and resilient individual, with excellent communication skills as well as experience of report writing and record keeping, with emotional intelligence and the ability to react calmly in stressful situations.
This is a full time temporary to permanent role with a start date of as soon as possible!
This setting caters for young people from the ages of 16 to 25 years of age within the college and residential setting
To be considered for the Support worker position, you will:
• Have a minimum of 6 months experience in one relevant setting i.e. school, youth centre, sports coaching, residential setting, respite centre
• A reference to cover a 6 week period (this does not have to be full time) experience on a relevant setting as above
• Previous experience of working with behaviours that challenge is highly desirable
• An enhanced DBS registered to the update service or the willingness to apply for one
• The ability to work on initiative and proactively
• The desire to work with young people with special educational needs
• Own transport is highly desirable or close links to public transport
• A NVQ 3 in Health and Social Work would be desired but not essential
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are Support worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact Francesca Halit on 0114 5530900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Vision for Education Ltd