The Study Preparatory School and Nursery
Position: Room Leader
Contract type: 52 Weeks a year
Hours of Work: Term-time/ 40 hours a week
Contract term: Permanent
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2021
Closing date: 3 March 2021
Start date: immediately
Place of Work: 57 Thetford Road, New Malden, Surrey, KT3 5DP
Email us your CV at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Study Preparatory School and Nursery based in New Malden, Surrey, South West London is a co-educational independent school for children aged 2 years -11 years, which provides a broad and balanced education within a unique setting. It offers an individually focused education in a friendly environment, promoting excellence in learning and encouraging exceptional behaviour. It is a truly inclusive school with a unique family feel and offers small classes, dedicated and enthusiastic teachers and experiences catered to the needs and interests of every child. The school has a strong family atmosphere and prepare pupils exceptionally well for schools of their choice at age 11+. We offer shift work between the hours of 8am-6pm for all our nursery staff.
The successful candidate should be passionate about children’s learning.
Applicants should demonstrate the following qualifications & experiences:
• To support the manager to ensure that children with needs are identified
• To maintain awareness of what is happening throughout the whole nursery
• To ensure high standards in practice are met and to promote these high standards at all times
• To assist the Manager in showing parents around the nursery facilities and sending out information
• Minimum Level 3 qualification in Children and Young Peoples Workforce or equivalent.
• Excellent working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and current Ofsted statutory guidance.
• At least 3 year’s recent relevant experience as a room leader or deputy manager.
Interested candidates should send an application at the earliest possible time.
The Study Preparatory School and Nursery is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The Study School
Kingston upon Thames
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years