Collingwood Preparatory School and Nursery
Position: Room Leader
Salary: Up to £24,000 per annum
Contract type: Full Time, permanent
Hours of Work: 40 hours a week
Start Date: -Immediate Start
We are currently looking to appoint a Room Leader for our Nursery. You will be working with our 2 and 3 year old pupils. This is an excellent opportunity for you to join our fantastic nursery.
As a Room Leader you will be overseeing and managing two members of staff as well as working with our pupils. In the room there are up to 12 children, facilities are amazing with resources available to stimulate and develop child development.
Collingwood Preparatory School and Nursery based in Surrey, South West London is a co-educational independent school for children aged 3 years -11 years, which provides a broad and balanced education within a unique setting.
The school and Nursery has a strong family atmosphere and we prepare our pupils exceptionally well for schools of their choice at age 11+. We offer shift work between the hours of 8am-6pm for all our nursery staff.
The successful room leader should be passionate about children’s learning. All or our staff are fantastic and you will be joining a very strong team or Nursery Practitioners and Teachers.
We are looking for a Room Leader who is able to progress and is open to opportunities to take on extra responsibilities. We encourage all of our staff to apply for internal promotions and this role could lead to deputy manager and manager positions in the future.
We would like you to be able to;
- Support the manager to ensure that children's needs are catered for.
- Maintain awareness of what is happening throughout the whole nursery
- Ensure high standards in practice are met and to promote these high standards at all times
- Assist the Manager in showing parents around the nursery facilities and sending out information
- Have a minimum Level 3 qualification in Childcare or equivalent.
- demonstrate excellent working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and current Ofsted statutory guidance.
- Have at least 3 year’s recent relevant experience in a nursery setting.
In return and in addition to a permanent contract you will also benefit from being part of the Inspired Learning Group of schools and Nurseries. Benefits include;
- Competitive Salary, with annual reviews
- Childcare fee discount
- Pension scheme
- Health plan that provides significant coverage such as optical, dental, dental accident, chiropody, therapy treatments and health club concession. Access to Doctor line from anywhere in the world, scanning such as MRI, CT and PET scan
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Westfield rewards (discounts from various high street and online outlets).
Please apply for this position ASAP as we wish to appoint immediately. For more information please contact Tom@inspiredlearninggroup.co.uk or call 07706 323847.
Collingwood Preparatory School and Nursery is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Collingwood deliberately remains small to foster the friendly and caring atmosphere that is so highly valued by all. We are proud that our family environment and excellent pupil: teacher ratio enables the individual strengths and talents of every chi...