Responsible to: Nursery Site Manager, Deputy Manager, Head of Nursery, Headmaster.
Line Management Responsibilities: Supervision and support of volunteers, students, apprentice’s, Nursery Assistants and Practitioners in your Room as required by the Nursery Site Manager and to carry out staff supervisions and one to ones.
Purpose of the role:
· To implement the daily routine and help to ensure the smooth running of the room/area you are based in and ensuring the nursery meets the required ratios and conditions of registration
· Supporting the Nursery Site Manager on a daily basis to ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all children placed in the nursery
· Supporting the Nursery Site Manager, Deputy Manager in providing leadership and day to day and support all staff and engage in good team work
· To monitor and complete children’s development journals and observation records and to ensure all staff are up to date with their paperwork
· Liaise with and support parents/carers and other family members
· To attend out of working hours activities. From time to time, the nature of your role will require or necessitate additional hours for which no further payment will be made. You will be required to attend as necessary to meet the needs of the school such events as (but not limited to) staff meetings, open days, parents evenings, in-service training sessions (Inset), and other school functions.
· To be flexible within working practices of the nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake any domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snacks, cleaning equipment and resources etc.
· Supporting the Nursery Site Manager, Deputy Manager in developing and maintaining links within the local community to create a positive nursery profile
· Supporting the Nursery Site Manager, Deputy Manager in creating and maintaining successful and professional partnerships with parents/carers
· Ensuring close supervision of children during all meal times and adhering to the allergy and dietary requirements of all children within the nursery
· Following Company procedures for the positive management of children’s behaviour
· Preparation and completion of stimulating developmentally appropriate activities
· To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures, backgrounds and stages of development and Look upon the nursery as a whole, and see where your help can best be utilised
· To respect the confidentiality of all information received
· To develop your role within the team especially as a key person and leader
· To actively implement and promote the safeguarding of children, ensuring settings policies and procedures are observed at all times.
· To provide a positive Role Model at all times to children, colleagues and visitors to the setting
· Identifying and addressing staff training needs in liaison with the Nursery Site Manager, Deputy Manager
· Deploying staff effectively to maintain the correct staff ratios
· Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by senior management
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed