Kings College School is seeking to appoint a well-qualified and part-time Boathouse Assistant and Rowing Coach. This is a part time position.
The role is to support the rowing programme at King’s College School both on site at Putney/Wimbledon and whilst away at events. Participation in training camps will also be an expectation. You will be supported by the director of rowing and will have on-site assistance from the highly experienced coaching staff.
The successful candidate will have experience in a similar role and have the ability to assist with the boathouse equipment requirements, including transportation, maintenance and administration. Experience coaching rowing at a young level on a tidal river would be an advantage, as would holding a RYA L2 powerboat qualification and British rowing qualification.
The successful candidate is likely to be able to demonstrate the following skills and qualifications:
- A commitment to the safeguarding and wellbeing of pupils
- A high level of boatman competence combined with rowing and/or coaching competences
- A specialist sports and/or relevant British Rowing coaching qualification and RYA L2 Powerboat Qualification or significant coaching competence on tidal water would be advantageous
- Experience of working with children or young people
- Awareness of health and safety issues (First Aid training will be provided)
- A warm, cheerful and well-presented person, capable of inspiring confidence in pupils and parents
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- An ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Professionalism and commitment to the demands of a successful co-curricular programme
- A clean driving licence and medical fitness is essential
King's is an extremely sought-after school with outstanding academic results and a vibrant co-curriculum. It strives to appoint able, committed, and compassionate colleagues to help ensure every child at the school achieves their best. Overlooking Wimbledon Common, the school is situated in one of the most attractive parts of south-east England and benefits from exceptional grounds and facilities.
We offer excellent terms and conditions, including:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Programme of health benefits
- Subsidised membership of the King’s Sports Club
- For the right applicant training may be provided to attain relevant qualifications for a variety of aspects within the role
Further details can be found at www.kcs.org.uk
Closing date: 9am on Thursday 16th September 2021
Early applications are welcome - the interview process may be staged and some interviews held in advance of the closing date if there is a large number of applicants for the role.
King’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
King's College School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 18 years
King’s College School is an independent day school for boys aged 7-18 and girls aged 16-18. Founded in 1829 by Royal Charter, King’s is a school of over 1,400 pupils, including approximately 280 boys in the junior school, located in one of the most a...