To coordinate and lead the cycle for S1 year group in our secondary school, in collaboration with the management team. The core purposes are:
- Collaboration between management and the cycle: advise and support the secondary deputy-director on educational and administrative issues; observations of teaching and learning within the cycle; staff support, liaison between teachers and management; organise shared responsibility for support referrals; coordinate training within the cycle; appraisal meetings & class visits in collaboration with management; identify and analyse needs for modernisation and/or improvement and policies; collaborate and harmonise with the different cycle leaders
- Organise the cycle: organise and coordinate chair meetings with the teachers; having a leading role in the daily running of their cycle; oversee and assure continuity and progression within the cycle; stimulate a professional working environment; tracking / assessment; share best teaching practice; oversee transition of pupils; establish cycle-specific policies; coordinate use and ordering of cycle-specific resources; responsible for implementation of methods and programs
- Communication; coordinate content of Parent-Information Evenings; send staff reminders e.g newsletters, cycle wide messages and harmonise cycle news; link to parents related to cycle-specific issues
- Secondary teaching degree;
- A willingness to do a middle-management training; upon acceptance of the position;
- Experience in leading a team of people;
- Full understanding of the structure of the curriculum used within the cycles;
- Excellent people skills;
- Excellent communicative & presentation skills;
- Motivational skills;
- Good organisational skills;
- Good time management;
- Employs effective delegation;
- Good ICT skills for administration part of the job
Knows how to inspire people; is supportive, empathetic and employs good listening; is professionally assertive; a collaborative mindset; ability to reflect, be self-aware; be creative; a sense of humour; a willingness to learn and to be engaged in the development of your professional field; sees it as a positive challenge to properly organise their cycle in line with the vision and mission statement of the ESH; is committed to bring out the best in their cycle; has high expectations.
- An appointment based on the Dutch teachers’ collective labour agreement for secondary education (CAO VO) on the relevant pay scale (LC). The specific step in the scale depends on relevant background and work experience.
- A temporary contract of one year with a prospect to a permanent one.
- An attractive relocation package with HR assistance (if applicable)
- Ongoing Professional Development
- Starting date: school year 2019-2020 (the exact date will be determined upon mutual agreement)
Applicants are required to complete our job application form, and upload a CV and supporting statement to their application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please send in your application for the attention of Mr. F. van de Kerkhof, director of the European School The Hague. Deadline for applications: 14th of July, 2019.
Candidates who have passed the selection procedure will be invited to an interview in week 29. The interview will either be in-person or via Skype, depending on the applicant’s location.
Applicants are eligible for the reimbursement of travel expenses. Information about expense claims will be provided upon invitation. Should you be invited to an interview, then please note that, due to the summer break, reference checks will take place prior to the interview. All information provided will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Our recruitment procedure is subject to the Recruitment Code of Stichting Het Rijnlands Lyceum. The purpose of the code is to provide a standard for a transparent and fair recruitment and selection procedure. ESH requests all applicants to carefully read the code before applying.
Information about the European School The Hague can be found on www.eshthehague.nl and on www.rijnlandslyceum.nl.
The website of the European Schools www.eursc.eu explains the European Schools’ system and regulations.