Located on the stunning Jurassic Coast and with the East Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty close by, Exmouth Community College is one of the largest secondary schools in the country with over 2300 students.
Exmouth Community College is seeking an organised and efficient administrator to provide comprehensive administrative support linked to safeguarding.
This is an exciting opportunity for a suitably skilled person to join the College and work in its community of highly motivated staff, enthusiastic students, supportive parents and knowledgeable Governing Board.
The key responsibilities include:
• Assist the Safeguarding Lead at the College in ensuring that both electronic files and paper files on identified students are up to date.
• Maintain the College’s Child Protection and Bullying Log.
• Maintain a log of all Right for Children cases involving College students.
• Upload information, including police reports, into the College’s pastoral management system; CPOMS.
• Upload TAF (Team around the Family) information to the Right for Children system; Devon County Council’s portal.
• Contact Early Help to report issues with the Right for Children system.
• Extract key information from student files and CPOMS to form the basis of reports and file reviews for staff, governors and external agencies.
• Arrange TAF meetings and invite all relevant attendees.
• Attend meetings and produce accurate minutes within required timeframes.
• Keep a diary of key dates for pastoral staff.
• Liaise with pastoral staff/Heads of Year to ensure that documents are completed and submitted within required timeframes.
• Liaise with parents and external services/professionals. Produce appointment letters and emails as required.
• Provide training on Right for Children to pastoral staff as required.
Please refer to the Exmouth Community College website www.exmouthcollege.devon.sch.uk for the full Job Description and Person Specification.
To apply: Please download and complete a non-teaching application form available from the Exmouth Community College website and return it to email@example.com before the closing date.
Closing Date: Tuesday 10 December 2019 at 10am
Interview Date: Tuesday 17 December 2019
Exmouth Community College is committed to providing the best possible care and education to our pupils and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff to share this commitment. As part of our commitment, we need to ensure that all potential employees satisfy our employment checks. Please note that where appropriate, shortlisted and/or potentially suitable applicants will be required to undertake further checks. A satisfactory Enhanced DBS Disclosure (with Barred List check) will be required before the successful candidate can commence employment at Exmouth Community College.