Location: We have vacancies in
- Carshalton, SM5
- Camberwell, SE5
- Uxbridge, UB8
- New Malden, KT3
We are seeking to appoint a Safeguarding and Well-being Lead to ensure the safety of all students through outstanding attendance monitoring, robust safeguarding processes, and improved outcomes and opportunities for the young people and their families we work with, by providing a range of family interventions and support.
You will work alongside the Designated Safeguarding Lead and other identified professionals to provide the appropriate interventions to support students according to their needs concerning safeguarding and child/adult protection.
You need to demonstrate the following experience and skills:
- Experience of working within an education environment
- Sound knowledge of safeguarding and child/adult protection, including the process, duties and responsivities of government guidelines
- Experience/knowledge of government schemes and initiatives such as bursaries, free school meals etc.
- Experience of and be confident in running training sessions/workshops inclusive of students with SEND
We can offer you:
- Competitive pension scheme (Local Government Pension Scheme)
- A supportive team
- Perkbox benefits package offering numerous discounts across stores, gyms, supermarket discounts, as well as supporting staff with their financial, physical and emotional well-being
- Annual leave based on 25 days per annum (Paid proportionately into salary as role is term time)
Orchard Hill College is an Ofsted graded Outstanding Specialist College offering life-changing learning opportunities to students. We have eight vibrant college centres across London and Surrey where committed, specialist teams deliver a range of programmes to meet the needs of our students. All students are individual and each programme is as unique as they are. Our programmes are designed to support and empower each student to achieve their aspirations and goals, whilst developing skills to become more independent members of their community.
To apply for this role, please follow the TES application process.
CV applications will not be accepted.
Closing date: 9am Wednesday 8th December 2021
Interview date: Monday 13th December 2021
Orchard Hill College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointments made will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.