22.5 hours 3 days per week, 41 weeks per year
Firth Park Academy is proud to be a Good school, a truly comprehensive school and a school where every child really does matter. We are featured on CBBC’s series Our School 3, which highlights the successful transition students make into Year 7 at our school and shows the positive characteristics of our wonderful, exciting community. Our school is:
- A stronger-than-ever ‘Good’ school as rated by Ofsted (February 2019).
- Proud to continue to achieve positive academic progress for our students.
- Winners of more Sheffield Children’s University Awards for extra-curricular learning than any other school in our city.
- A richly diverse community with students speaking more than 30 home languages.
- A leading school in our trust – Academies Enterprise Trust – the largest trust in the UK with more career development opportunities than any other.
We love to help our students learn and value the staff who help them do so, thanks to:
- An outstanding ‘Teaching school standard’ professional development programme for staff at all stages of their career.
- A ‘3 in 3 years’ leadership development programme for all interested high-quality staff. This promises staff a TLR responsibility, bursary support toward Masters completion if required, and mini-secondment at a partner AET Academy to grow our future leaders.
- A staff social and sporting committee who promote regular opportunities for well-being and team building.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable person to play a significant role within the school to ensure the safeguarding of children and support for local families in accessing services.
The ideal candidate will need to have:
- Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people.
- A thorough knowledge of Safeguarding and Keeping Children Safe in Education to enable the postholder and Senior Vice Principal to work together to ensure effective procedures to safeguard children within the school.
- Be able to use restorative practice techniques
- Experience of managing challenging behaviour
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to remain calm even when under pressure
Join our team and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about with students you love to help learn.
Check out the ‘career opportunity’ section on our website to fin d out more.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Visits to our Academy or informal enquiries about the role are welcome. Contact Abi Grocutt, Lead Safeguarding Officer on 01142576238 for more information or to arrange a visit.
Closing date: Sunday 26 January 2020
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.