Start date: 4 January 2022
Part Time – Term Time only. 37 hours per week.
Monday to Thursday 8.00am to 4.30pm.
Friday 8.00am to 4.00pm
Local Government Pay Scale – Level 6 point 13 to 20. £19,528 to £22,431 actual salary. (£22,627 to £25,991 FTE)
Closing date for this vacancy: Thursday 9 December, Midday.
Interviews will be held week commencing 13 December 2021.
Chase High School is a mixed, mainstream secondary school located in Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex. It educates more than 1,000 students aged 11-18 from over 40 countries.
We are looking to appoint an individual with a background in safeguarding children and young people to join our safeguarding and wellbeing team. The successful candidate will have knowledge of current child protection policies, procedures and legislation and will be familiar with KCSIE guidance.
• Experience of supporting young people for whom there are safeguarding concerns.
• Work with external agencies
• Ability to produce accurate, detailed reports
• Experience, knowledge and understanding of safeguarding procedures in schools.
• Excellent organisational and IT skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Maintain a calm and professional approach when dealing with potentially emotional challenging and volatile situations
• Must have access to own transport
• Safeguarding responsibility within education or local authority
• Experience of CPOMS
• Understanding of Southend network, children's services and other relevant external agencies
For further information and a full job description please contact Mrs Sue Callaghan on 01702 354441 firstname.lastname@example.org. Chase High School is committed to safer recruitment so all applicants must be prepared to undergo screening to confirm their suitability to work with children.
Your normal place of work is at Chase High School, however, the Discovery Educational Trust reserves the right to require you to work at any other of its establishments, whether current or future. This may be for a temporary period or on a permanent basis, according to the needs of the employer.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early upon appointment of a successful applicant.