Salary scale: NJC Scale I £23,926 – £25,510 Per year
37 hours per week, 39 working weeks
At the Midland Academy Trust, we protect and promote the mental, physical, intellectual, and emotional health of young people. We do this by ensuring they are safe, happy, and successful, enjoying the very best of what has been thought and said in an environment which builds their capacity to become leaders of the future.
A vacancy has arisen for a Safeguarding Officer based at The George Eliot Academy.
What we can offer you:
• Curriculum Excellence
• Strong Conditions for Learning
• Reducing Teacher Workload
• Developing Staff Expertise
• Serving our Community
The successful candidate will:
• Be the DSL officer within the Academy and to advise on all aspects of safeguarding for the pastoral team.
• promote positive attitudes by students and families towards education and to ensure parents are aware of statutory responsibilities
• Level 3 Qualifications
• Have experience of working effectively with vulnerable children/young people in either education, social work, or other related area of work
• Experience of working effectively with parents/cares/young people
• Summarise clearly and concisely and articulate concepts and proposals.
Only Midland Academy Trust applications forms will be accepted.
Closing Date: 8/12/21
Application forms should be returned to email@example.com.
This Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS disclosure. Start dates will be conditional upon receipt of satisfactory pre employment checks. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
The Privacy Notice can be found on our Trust website: https://www.midlandat.co.uk/
George Eliot is a mixed, comprehensive, non-denominational secondary school without sixth form situated in Nuneaton, Warwickshire. It is part of the multi-academy Midland Academies Trust, an independent charitable organisation set up by North Warwick...