Area: Hairdressing and Beauty
Job Ref: 17 - 00068
Job Title: Salon Operator
Salary: £18,354 - £20,055 pro rata
Contract: Permanent, 18.5 hours per week. To include two mornings and two evenings over the working week
Location: Ashley Down Centre but may include work at any City of Bristol College site
About the College:
We are one of the city’s largest employers based at four different sites across the city. We offer a wide range of courses from entry to degree level and cater for learners of all ages and backgrounds. We strive for student success though providing knowledge, professional staff and outstanding resources. Our success isn’t possible without the commitment and dedication every member of staff demonstrates.
About the Role:
City of Bristol College are looking to appoint a Salon Operator to support the running of our Hair and Beauty Salons, duties will include:
- Provide high quality customer service in all aspects of salon reception duties. - Support the Lecturers with classroom and salon set up and resources.
- Carry out stock control including the preparation of stock orders
- Assist in the monitoring of Health and Safety within the salons and dispensaries - Working with a range of office software, including word-processing, spreadsheet, database and email in a busy environment
- To undertake appropriate training and staff development
Nice to have but not essential:
- An understanding of products and treatments used with the Hair and Beauty salons
- Evidence of delivering a first class service to a diverse range of customers from initial point of contact in a busy environment
Life at City of Bristol College:
The City of Bristol College offer generous holiday entitlement of 26 days (pro rata) with an additional 16 bank holiday and College closure days. In addition we offer membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme as well as a range of other benefits.
So if you feel you can demonstrate the dedication, skills and passion required for this role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification and Conditions of Service for more information.
Closing date: 15th October 2017
Interview date: 2nd November 2017